HBase, mail # user - Indexing Hbase Data

+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-01-28, 11:45
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-01-28, 11:52
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-01-28, 11:55
Re: Indexing Hbase Data
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-01-28, 12:05
As a POC, just try to load the data into another table that has the rowkey
that has the original row's value.
Try to scan the index table first and then get the main table row key.
First this should help, later can make this more better by using
coprocessors.

Regards
Ram

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello Viral,
>
>      Thank you so much for the quick response. Intention is to index the
> values. I'll have a look at ihbase.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Tariq
> https://mtariq.jux.com/
> cloudfront.blogspot.com
>

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Viral Bajaria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > When you say indexing, are you referring to indexing the column
> qualifiers
> > or the values that you are storing in the qualifier ?
> >
> > Regarding indexing, I remember someone had recommended this on the
> mailing
> > list before: https://github.com/ykulbak/ihbase/wiki but it seems the
> > development on that is not active anymore.
> >
> > -Viral
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 3:45 AM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello list,
> > >
> > >          I would like to have some suggestions on Hbase data indexing.
> > What
> > > would you prefer? I never faced such requirement till now. This is the
> > > first time when there is a need of indexing, so thought of getting some
> > > expert comments and suggestions.
> > >
> > > Thank you so much for your precious time.
> > >
> > > Warm Regards,
> > > Tariq
> > > https://mtariq.jux.com/
> > > cloudfront.blogspot.com