MapReduce, mail # user - RE: How to configure mapreduce archive size?

RE: How to configure mapreduce archive size?
Xia_Yang@... 2013-04-19, 00:57
Hi Hemanth,

I tried http://machine:50030. It did not work for me.

In hbase_home/conf folder, I update the log4j configuration properties and got attached log. Do you find what is happening for the map reduce job?

Thanks,

Jane

From: Hemanth Yamijala [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: How to configure mapreduce archive size?

The check for cache file cleanup is controlled by the property mapreduce.tasktracker.distributedcache.checkperiod. It defaults to 1 minute (which should be sufficient for your requirement).

I am not sure why the JobTracker UI is inaccessible. If you know where JT is running, try hitting http://machine:50030. If that doesn't work, maybe check if ports have been changed in mapred-site.xml for a property similar to mapred.job.tracker.http.address.

There is logging in the code of the tasktracker component that can help debug the distributed cache behaviour. In order to get those logs you need to enable debug logging in the log4j configuration properties and restart the daemons. Hopefully that will help you get some hints on what is happening.

Thanks
hemanth