Flume, mail # dev - Backoff returned from HDFSEventSink after IOException

+
Jaroslaw Grabowski 2012-12-11, 13:22
Re: Backoff returned from HDFSEventSink after IOException
Brock Noland 2012-12-12, 15:38
Hi,

I am not an expert in the FailoverSinkProcessor but this sounds like a
bug to me. Can you file a jira?

Brock

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 7:22 AM, Jaroslaw Grabowski
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> could sameone please tell me why HDFSEventSink returns Status.BACKOFF in
> case of IOException? Because of this implementation, FailoverSinkProcessor
> will never push event to next sink in case of any hdfs failure.
>
> Another thing is that BucketWriters should be removed from sfWriters map
> after IOException, can anyone please confirm that?
>
> --
> Regards,
> J. Grabowski

Mike Percy 2012-12-12, 18:22