HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Extra start-up overhead with hadoop-2.1.0-beta

Re: Extra start-up overhead with hadoop-2.1.0-beta
I believe https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-5399 causes performance degradation in cases where there are a lot of reducers. I can imagine it causing degradation if the configuration files are super big / some other weird cases.
________________________________
 From: Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 7, 2013 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: Extra start-up overhead with hadoop-2.1.0-beta

Hi Omkar,
 Can you please see if you can answer my question with this info or if you need anything else from me?

 Also, does resource localization improve or impact any performance?

Thanks,
Kishore

How are you making these measurements can you elaborate more? Is it on a best case basis or on an average or worst case? How many resources are you sending it for localization? were the sizes and number of these resources consistent across tests? Were these resources public/private/application specific? Apart from this is the other load on node manager same? is the load on hdfs same? did you see any network bottleneck?