Avro, mail # user - How to handle schema dependencies

+
Steven Willis 2012-12-11, 19:28
+
Dave McAlpin 2012-12-11, 20:31
+
Steven Willis 2012-12-11, 21:42
+
Doug Cutting 2012-12-11, 22:54
RE: How to handle schema dependencies
Steven Willis 2012-12-11, 23:47
Hi Doug,

That certainly helps a lot. Though one would still need extra code to pull out the required schema files from a jar into that imports directory prior to code generation. And one would need to track these avro dependencies manually. It would be great if the avro-maven-plugin could have configuration items  specified like "com.example:common" and those artifacts would be searched for compiled avro types using something like the code I posted earlier in addition to the normal parser name resolution.

-Steven Willis

+
Doug Cutting 2012-12-12, 00:25
+