HDFS >> mail # dev >> ANNOUNCING Tahoe, the Least-Authority File System, v1.8.0

Re: ANNOUNCING Tahoe, the Least-Authority File System, v1.8.0

On Oct 2, 2010, at 11:41 PM, Zooko O'Whielacronx wrote:
> LICENCE
>
> You may use this package under the GNU General Public License,
> version 2 or, at your option, any later version. See the file
> "COPYING.GPL" [5] for the terms of the GNU General Public
> License, version 2.

Unless client code can be contributed to Hadoop that is compatible with the Apache license, I think it is safe to say that the license that has been placed on this project makes it much less interesting and much less viable for long term Hadoop usage.