Hive, mail # user - Re: How to look at the metadata of the tables we have created.

Re: How to look at the metadata of the tables we have created.
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-05-24, 23:00
I have an earlier version ER diagram of Hiveā€¦.There are not too many tables and u can navigate to them and poke around easily

For example I created a hive locations alias for myself (and I think this is already implemented in 10.0) where u can get the HDFS location for each partition

select t.TBL_NAME, p.PART_NAME, s.LOCATION from PARTITIONS p, SDS s, TBLS t where t.TBL_ID=p.TBL_ID and p.SD_ID=s.SD_ID
From: Stephen Sprague <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Date: Friday, May 24, 2013 3:19 PM
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>, Sai Sai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Subject: Re: How to look at the metadata of the tables we have created.

yes. there's this high faluntin' concept called the 'metastore'.  should you google it in conjunction with 'hive'  the answer shall be before you.
On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 4:30 AM, Sai Sai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
Is it possible to look at the metadata of the databases/tables/views we have created in hive.
Is there some thing like sysobjects in hive.
Thanks
Sai
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE