Hive, mail # user - hive.metastore.warehouse.dir - Should it point to a physical directory

+
Raj Hadoop 2013-05-21, 17:08
+
Raj Hadoop 2013-05-21, 17:42
Re: hive.metastore.warehouse.dir - Should it point to a physical directory
Dean Wampler 2013-05-21, 17:44
The name is misleading; this is the directory within HDFS where Hive stores
the data, by default. (External tables can go elsewhere). It doesn't really
have anything to do with the metastore.

dean

--
Dean Wampler, Ph.D.