MapReduce >> mail # user >> Job status shows 0's for counters

Job status shows 0's for counters
I just noticed the job status for MR jobs tends to show 0's in the Map and
Reduce columns but actually shows the totals correctly.

I am not sure exactly when this started happening, but this cluster was
upgraded from Hadoop 1.0.4 to 1.1.2 and now to 1.2.1.  It definitely worked
fine on 1.0.4, but I don't recall testing on 1.1.2.

Anyone else running into this issue?

Map-Reduce Framework Reduce input groups 0 0 0  Map output materialized
bytes 0 0 5,910  Combine output records 0 0 250  Map input records 0 0
48,556  Reduce shuffle bytes 0 0 4,960  Physical memory (bytes) snapshot 0 0
56,364,822,528
Note that not *all* counters are doing this!  Some still show properly:

FileSystemCounters HDFS_BYTES_READ 844,499,067,747 0 844,499,067,747
FILE_BYTES_WRITTEN 4,879,509 60,403 4,939,912