Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Setting Charset in getBytes() call.

Re: Setting Charset in getBytes() call.
If you use a private static field in each class for the charset, it will
basically be a singleton because charsets are cached in char set.forname.
IMHO this is a somewhat cleaner approach than having lots of static imports
to utility classes with lots of constants in them.