Pig >> mail # user >> Question about UDFs and tuple ordering

Re: Question about UDFs and tuple ordering
Many operators, such as join and group by, are not implemented by a single physical operation.  Also, they are spread through the code as they have logical components and physical components.  The logical components of join are in org.apache.pig.newplan.logical.relational.LOJoin.java.  That gets translated to three physical operators, POLocalRearrange, POPackage, and POForeach.  All of the physical operators are in org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.physicalLayer.relationalOperators

Alan.