HBase >> mail # dev >> Online snapshots progress.

Re: Online snapshots progress.
Basically, there are two meta reads -- once to get the list of servers
involved, and once after the snapshot is taken to verify that all regions
in the snapshot matchup with the snapshots in meta at that point in time.

I believe moves/balances when snapshot is going will cause some rs's to
potentially be missed, and that and spilts may make regions new regions
appear in meta that do not exist in a just taken snapshot and thus cause
the snapshot verifier to reject the snapshot.

Jon.

// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera
// [EMAIL PROTECTED]