MapReduce >> mail # user >> Tricks to upgrading Sequence Files?

+
David Parks 2013-01-29, 07:41
RE: Tricks to upgrading Sequence Files?
I'll consider a patch to the SequenceFile, if we could manually override the
sequence file input Key and Value that's read from the sequence file headers
we'd have a clean solution.

I don't like versioning my Model object because it's used by 10's of other
classes and I don't want to risk less maintained classes continuing to use
an old version.

For the time being I just used 2 jobs. First I renamed the old Model Object
to the original name, read it in, upgraded it, and wrote the new version
with a different class name.

Then I renamed the classes again so the new model object used the original
name and read in the altered name and cloned it into the original name.

All in all an hours work only, but having a cleaner process would be better.
I'll add the request to JIRA at a minimum.

Dave