Hive >> mail # user >> hive.metastore.warehouse.dir - Should it point to a physical directory

hive.metastore.warehouse.dir - Should it point to a physical directory
Hi,

I am configurinig Hive. I ahve a question on the property hive.metastore.warehouse.dir.

Should this point to a physical directory. I am guessing it is a logical directory under Hadoop fs.default.name. Please advise whether I need to create any directory for the variable hive.metastore.warehouse.dir

Thanks,
Raj