Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [PROPOSAL] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack

+
Matt Foley 2012-11-21, 19:15
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-23, 23:40
+
Matt Foley 2012-11-24, 20:13
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-24, 21:26
Re: [PROPOSAL] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack
If we decide to go with Maven then there's no point to complicate the
picture with jython. This time I will keep the offensive about *yton to myself
;)

Cos

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 10:26PM, Radim Kolar wrote:
> we have not discussed advantages of stand alone python vs
> jython-in-maven pom
>
> http://code.google.com/p/jy-maven-plugin/
>
> language is about same, and it does not needs to have installed,
> which is advantage on windows.
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-11-21, 19:25
+