Flume >> mail # user >> Question about the Setting up Eclipse wiki page

+
DeCarlo, Thom 2012-12-18, 13:55
+
DeCarlo, Thom 2012-12-18, 15:44
Re: Question about the Setting up Eclipse wiki page
Hi,

I use the method mentioned on that page:

$ mkdir apache-flume
$ cd apache-flume
$ git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flume.git
$ cd flume
$ mvn install -DskipTests
$ mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources -DdownloadJavadocs

Add $HOME/.m2/repository to the my classpath in preferences.
Import the projects.

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 9:44 AM, DeCarlo, Thom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, to answer my own question...
>
> I was mostly successful by simply creating a new (empty) eclipse workspace and make sure that the Preferences->Java->Installed JREs actually points at your JDK, and not the JRE. (otherwise nothing will compile)
>
> Then create a new project with the wizard.
>     File->New->Other...->Maven->Checkout Maven Projects from SCM
>
> Click "Next..." and the Target Location selector appears. Choose "git" in the SCM type selector, then enter the URL for the git repository. (https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flume.git)
> Click "Finish" and eclipse (+ m2eclipse) handles checking out the Flume trunk and creating all of the projects.
>

> A couple problems remain in the POM files, though.
>
> In flume-ng-sdk/pom.xml and the flume-avro-source/pom.xml, Eclipse is showing errors in the definition of the avro-maven-plugin and the paranamer-maven-plugin. In each it says,
>
>     Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.apache.avro:avro-maven-plugin:1.6.1:idl-protocol (execution: default, phase: generate-sources)
>
> I can guess what the error means, but I have no idea how to fix it.
> --
> Thom DeCarlo

DeCarlo, Thom 2012-12-18, 16:13