Accumulo >> mail # dev >> That extra 'src'

Re: That extra 'src'
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok, who is going to do the move?  This made me start thinking about
> how Apache works.
>
> Benson, you will be on our PMC when we graduate.  Does this mean you
> will be a committer?  There was some discussion that a committer may
> not be on the PMC, now I am wondering about the reverse.

So, the conventional situation is that the PMC is a subset (possibly
improper) of the committers. However, it's not the only option. There
have been discussions of situations in which a community wants to vote
someone in as part of the supervisory structure (PMC) who has no use
for, and/or hasn't ever contributed to justify, committer karma. I
could be on the PMC and not have committer karma until I've
contributed enough work, assuming that I ever did. The initial setup
of the TLP has some ambiguity to it this way; no one is going to be
really shocked and surprised I just quietly end up with karma based on
PMC membership. I am on the OpenNLP PMC for the same reason I'm listed
with you, and, in fact, I don't know if I have karma, since the
question has never come up. I rather bet that someone just took the
list from the resolution and made everyone the same in that case, and
that will happen here unless Billie takes steps to avoid it.