From: Cheng, Yi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 5:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: which hadoop version to use

Hi All:

I am figuring out which version to use.
Since I would like to develop and debug and test on my windows (eclipse) and deploy to linux.
And also I would like to use a version which has the document, javadoc and examples, not too obsoleted versions.

I have tried 1.0.4:
The problems I found, I am not able to set it up running in eclipse easily.
http://sourceforge.net/p/win-hadoop/wiki/Hadoop-on-Cygwin/
it looks it takes lots of effort, even rebuilding Hadoop. (this tutorial is for 1.0.1, but it looks similar to 1.0.4)

I have tried 0.22.0
I can set it up on windows, and run via eclipse, but looks it is very obsoleted, I can't find the documentation and javadoc (it is hard).
And even for eclipse, I need to use the old 3.x.x version.

So I am quite puzzled now.
Please help.

Cheng Yi