Hadoop, mail # user - Re: Hello and request some advice.

Re: Hello and request some advice.
Gangadhar Ramini 2013-01-04, 17:50
Hi Nitin,

   I tried latest stable Hadoop version on windows with cygwin, I see
following error in JobTracker logs. Do you have any advice?

 C:\cygwin\home\garamini\hadoop-1.0.4\logs\history to 0755^M
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.checkReturnValue(FileUtil.java:689)^M
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.setPermission(FileUtil.java:670)^M
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.setPermission(RawLocalFileSystem.java:509)^M
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.mkdirs(RawLocalFileSystem.java:344)^M
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FilterFileSystem.mkdirs(FilterFileSystem.java:189)^M
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobHistory.init(JobHistory.java:510)^M
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker$2.run(JobTracker.java:2334)^M
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker$2.run(JobTracker.java:2331)^M
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)^M
        at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415)^M
        at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1121)^M
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.<init>(JobTracker.java:2331)^M
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.<init>(JobTracker.java:2192)^M
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.<init>(JobTracker.java:2186)^M
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.startTracker(JobTracker.java:300)^M
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.startTracker(JobTracker.java:291)^M
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.main(JobTracker.java:4978)^M
Thanks
-Gangadhar