Pig, mail # dev - Re: Our release process

+
Santhosh M S 2012-11-30, 07:16
+
Julien Le Dem 2012-12-01, 01:37
+
Santhosh M S 2012-12-01, 07:46
Re: Our release process
Olga Natkovich 2012-12-04, 20:46
I am ok with tests running nightly and reverting patches that cause failures. We used to have that. Does anybody know what happened? Is anybody volunteering to make it work again?

I would like to see specific criteria for what goes into the branch been published (rather than case-by-case). This way each team can decided if the criteria stringent enough of if they need to run a private branch.

Olga
________________________________
 From: Santhosh M S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Julien Le Dem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2012 11:46 PM
Subject: Re: Our release process

HI Julien,

You are making most of the points that I did on this thread (CI for e2e, not burdening clean e2e prior to every commit for a release branch). The only point on which there is no clear agreement is the definition of a bug that can be included in a previously released branch. I am fine with a case by case inclusion.

Hi Olga,

Are you fine with Julien's proposal as it stands - bugs that are included will be determined at the time of inclusion instead of doing it now.

Santhosh