MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Benefits of Hadoop Distributed Cache

Re: Benefits of Hadoop Distributed Cache
Not sure what you mean...

If you want to put up a small file to be used by each Task in your job (mapper or reducer)... you could put it up on HDFS.

Or if you're launching your job from an edge node, you could read in the small file and put it in to the distributed cache.
It really depends on what you are attempting to do, and the size of the small file.
On May 7, 2013, at 2:24 PM, Saeed Shahrivari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Would you please tell me why we should use Distributed Cache instead of HDFS?
> Because HDFS seems more stable, easier to use, and less error-prone.
>
> Thanks in advance.
+
Harsh J 2013-05-09, 03:42