Hive >> mail # user >> A question goes on my mind : Can we (other applications) use HDFS without MapReduce ?

+
Matouk IFTISSEN 2013-07-15, 10:10
+
Subroto 2013-07-15, 10:12
Re: A question goes on my mind : Can we (other applications) use HDFS without MapReduce ?
Ok thank you, I have assumed that ;)
2013/7/15 Subroto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi,
>
> HDFS is just a FileSystem. You can use the FileSystem API to use it as you
> wish. No dependency with MR operation.
> One can use MR with other fileSystems also.
>
> Cheers,
> Subroto Sanyal
> On Jul 15, 2013, at 12:10 PM, Matouk IFTISSEN wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > Can we (other applications) use HDFS without invoking MapReduce
> operations?
> >
> > Thanks for your answers.

+
Kumar Chinnakali 2013-07-15, 10:11