HBase, mail # dev - [DISCUSSION] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

Re: [DISCUSSION] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues
Stack 2013-07-09, 20:14
I am shooting for end of July for 0.96 being 'complete'.   I would like to
make a 0.96 release in August.  We have some criticals outstanding but I
think we could ship even if these are not fixed in time (excepting
migration polish and of course remaining build fixes).  See [1.] for the
current list of issues.  Please re-prioritize issues as you see fit (or
better, move issues out of 0.95.2 if you do not think they will be done in
time).

What to do with namespaces -- the last 0.96 'feature' -- given the above
timeline?  Currently it is a massive patch out on a branch.  It is still
not done, in want of review, and the author is going on holidays for a few
weeks soon.  My thinking as of now, going by the rate of change over the
last few weeks and estimating what is yet to be done, is that namespaces
will not make it.  I am willing to be convinced otherwise but that is how
it looks to me currently.

I am going to start just disabling flakey unit tests in 0.95 from here on
out.  When folks get the itch, they can fix at leisure first on trunk and
then over in 0.95.

What else?

Thanks,
St.Ack