Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Zookeeper on Windows

+
Anurag Gujral 2013-07-01, 20:56
+
Flavio Junqueira 2013-07-01, 21:59
+
Camille Fournier 2013-07-01, 22:24
+
Anurag Gujral 2013-07-01, 23:49
+
Camille Fournier 2013-07-01, 23:53
+
Patrick Hunt 2013-07-02, 00:01
+
Anurag Gujral 2013-07-02, 00:20
Re: Zookeeper on Windows
The windows C client doesn't seem to be building at the moment:
https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/ZooKeeper/job/ZooKeeper-trunk-WinVS2008/913/console

Michi worked out the details recently (feb) and it was working. Looks
like a regression.

Would be great if you could help nail this down. (open a new jira if
you have any insight/patches) Thanks!

Patrick
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Anurag Gujral <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks everyone for the responses. What I get from above is that zookeeper
> server works on windows and so does the java windows client but status of
> windows C client is unknown, I can compile and check for myself if C client
> works on windows.
> Thanks
> Anurag
>

> On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Patrick Hunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> What it's meant in the past is that no one was willing to step up and
>> say they were using it in production and that it worked. :-)
>>
>> Patrick
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Camille Fournier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>> > I don't know what "windows is not production ready" even means. ZooKeeper
>> > Java on windows is no big deal, it's as production-ready as any other
>> Java
>> > version. We did some work to get the C clients compiling in Visual
>> Studio a
>> > couple years ago but the windows test build has been broken for a while
>> so
>> > that might require some work to get running.
>> > As far as running ZooKeeper the server, most people run it on linux. I've
>> > run it in Windows for testing but not production.

>> zookeeper
>> client
>> which
>> with
>> zookeeper

>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>> aware

>> zookeeper

>> some

+
Flavio Junqueira 2013-09-07, 10:48
+
Sznajder ForMailingList 2013-07-16, 15:28
+
Flavio Junqueira 2013-07-16, 16:17