Hive, mail # dev - [VOTE] Apache Hive 0.9.0 Release Candidate 0

+
Ashutosh Chauhan 2012-04-13, 18:50
+
Ashutosh Chauhan 2012-04-13, 22:28
+
Carl Steinbach 2012-04-16, 17:53
+
Kevin Wilfong 2012-04-18, 16:37
+
Carl Steinbach 2012-04-18, 21:08
+
Kevin Wilfong 2012-04-18, 21:16
+
Lars Francke 2012-04-18, 06:46
Ashutosh Chauhan 2012-04-18, 18:36
Hey Lars,

Thanks for taking a look. HIVE-1634 introduced new storage type for hbase
tables, namely binary. Since, bug manifests itself only for binary storage
type. This doesnt count as a regression since functionality for binary
storage itself was added through HIVE-1634. Since, this is not a regression
of existing functionality, it won't count as a blocker for 0.9 release.

Nonetheless, other folks have found other problems in RC0, so I have to
respin. Thus, I will consider HIVE-2958 fix for RC1.

Thanks,
Ashutosh

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 23:46, Lars Francke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> thanks for putting up the RC. We tried it yesterday and we stumbled
> across HIVE-2958 which seems like a bug that should be fixed before
> release because it was introduced with HIVE-1634 which is new to 0.9
> too and breaks GROUP BY queries on HBase which were working before.
>
> -1 (non-binding)
>
> Thanks,
> Lars

+