HBase >> mail # user >> Region balancing question

Re: Region balancing question
Even when balancing by table the current default balancer does not
take into account region size, request rate, or memory usage.  If you
want those things there's a new balancer in trunk (slated for 0.96)
that gives these things.  However that patch is a little bit more
involved and applying it to the 0.94 trunk would take some work.  It's
do-able just more of an undertaking.