Pig, mail # user - Accessig paritcular folder

+
jamal sasha 2013-10-02, 19:59
Re: Accessig paritcular folder
Alan Gates 2013-10-04, 18:29
For any Pig loader that reads files from HDFS, filenames are passed directly to HDFS.  This means HDFS style globs are supported, which means the answer to your question depends on the version of HDFS you have.  For your version of Hadoop, take a look at the documentation for FileSystem.globStatus.  It will explain the supported globs.  Based on the documentation from Hadoop 1.2, I believe the following pattern would work:

A = load 'data/shard?/d1_1/[^_d2*]'

Alan.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE