Hive, mail # user - Issue with creating HIVE metadata for a HBASE table with 2000 + columns

Re: Issue with creating HIVE metadata for a HBASE table with 2000 + columns
Nitin Pawar 2013-06-10, 07:27
I just took a look at the error stack and hive schema definition.

>From error, it looks like you are hitting the char length limit on postgres
schema table SERDE_PARAMS.

if your values for the column on postgres are more than 4000 chars then I
would recommend you alter your postgres meta data table to have a bigger
limit.
On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Nitin Pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Can you share your hive version?
>

> On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 12:03 AM, Stephen Sprague <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> I would venture to say if you haven't got a reply nobody particularly has
>> anything useful to add.
>>
>> you have a meta data error there. the error message shows you the table
>> name. You're going to have to dig in there on your own and start with a
>> some trivial example and work your way up to where it fails.
>>
>> just showing us an error message is like playing a game of guess which
>> number i'm thinking of.  Show us something that does work; then show us
>> something slightly different that doesn't work and we might have a chance
>> at proposing some ideas.
>>

>> On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 1:50 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Can anybody please reply. I thought this forum is ACTIVE?

>>> NestedThrowables:
>>> org.datanucleus.store.mapped.exceptions.MappedDatastoreException: INSERT
>>> INTO "SERDE_PARAMS" ("PARAM_VALUE","SERDE_ID","PARAM_KEY") VALUES (?,?,?) )
>>> FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask
>>>

>>> Please help!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Shouvanik