MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Hardware Selection for Hadoop

Re: Hardware Selection for Hadoop
I wouldn't go the route of multiple nics unless you are using MapR.
MapR allows you to do port bonding  or rather use both ports simultaneously.
When you port bond. 1+1 != 2 and then you have some other configuration issues.
(Unless they've fixed them)

If this is your first cluster... keep it simple.  If your machine comes w 2 nic ports, use one and then once you're an 'expurt',  turn on the second port.

HTH

-Mike