Hive >> mail # user >>

+
imen Megdiche 2012-11-13, 13:57
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-11-13, 21:30
+
Russell Jurney 2012-11-14, 07:56
+
imen Megdiche 2012-11-14, 08:01
+
Dean Wampler 2012-11-14, 14:41
I am sorry but now I feel the irresistible urge to poke fun at m$.

Hey guys has anyone been able to compile hive using microsoft j++?

But honestly the guys going through the hive code are doing a nice
job, we were doing some path manipulation through strings and we were
making shell forks to 'tar'. The windows support was a nice motivation
to cure many code smells and tech dept.

Hive has already benefited from it.

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Dean Wampler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Reading the Hortonworks page, it looks like only Windows server
> configurations are supported. While that's what you want for production
> deployments, of course, I have many, many clients would like like to run
> Hadoop and Hive on personal computers for development and testing, like you
> can do on Mac and Linux personal machines with the Apache distro. I hope
> Hortonworks and Microsoft will address this need.
>
> Also, I laughed out loud when I read this: "Microsoft is notorious for
> making things easy and simple ..."
>
> dean
>
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 2:01 AM, imen Megdiche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>>
>> i find that there is WSO2 which works fine under windows,  but i still
>> want to run hive under cygwin. at the moment i can create tables with the
>> commande "hive - e 'sql query '".
>> HDP is free ??
>>

>> 2012/11/14 Russell Jurney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>>
>>> Hadoop and Hive now run natively on Windows via HDP. You do not need
>>> Cygwin. You can download this from Microsoft:
>>> http://hortonworks.com/partners/microsoft/
>>>
>>> We're working to get this open source code back into mainline Apache now.

>>> --
>>> Russell Jurney twitter.com/rjurney [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> datasyndrome.com
>>

> --
> Dean Wampler, Ph.D.
> thinkbiganalytics.com
> +1-312-339-1330

+
Carl Steinbach 2012-11-15, 12:35
+
Kanna Karanam 2012-11-15, 22:19
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-11-16, 08:47
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-11-16, 08:49
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-11-16, 11:47
+
Dalia Sobhy 2012-11-17, 23:42