Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Zoo Keep widely distributed?

+
wayne.rasmuss 2013-08-26, 21:02
Re: Zoo Keep widely distributed?
The latency will make your writes really slow - since each write operation
would need to be confirmed by more than half of your total number of
servers in the cluster to succeed. Writes to ZooKeeper are also serialized,
so you can't parallelize the writes in a single cluster either - so your
throughput will also be low.

You can still get high throughput despite the high latency if you can shard
your writes into multiple clusters though.

Best Regards,
Martin Kou