Hive, mail # dev - [VOTE] Apache Hive 0.12.0 Release Candidate 0

Thejas Nair 2013-10-07, 23:38
Yes, that is the correct tag. Thanks for pointing it out.
I also update the tag as it was a little behind what is in the RC
(found some issues with maven-publish).

I have also updated the release vote email template in hive
HowToRelease wiki page, to include note about the tag .

Thanks,
Thejas

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Brock Noland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Thejas,
>
> Thank you very much for the hard work!  I believe the vote email should
> contain a link to the tag we are voting on. I assume the tag is:
> release-0.12.0-rc0 (
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hive/tags/release-0.12.0-rc0/). Is that
> correct?
>
> Brock
>

> On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 6:02 PM, Thejas Nair <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Apache Hive 0.12.0 Release Candidate 0 is available here:
>> http://people.apache.org/~thejas/hive-0.12.0-rc0/
>>
>> Maven artifacts are available here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehive-138/
>>
>> This release has 406 issues fixed.
>> This includes several new features such as data types date and
>> varchar, optimizer improvements, ORC format improvements and many bug
>> fixes. Hcatalog packages have now moved to org.apache.hive.hcatalog
>> (from org.apache.hcatalog), and the maven packages are published under
>> org.apache.hive.hcatalog.
>>
>> Voting will conclude in 72 hours.
>>
>> Hive PMC Members: Please test and vote.
>>
>> Thanks,