MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: For a new installation: use the BackupNode or the CheckPointNode?

+
varun kumar 2013-03-23, 07:04
Re: For a new installation: use the BackupNode or the CheckPointNode?
Neither CheckpointNode nor BackupNode exists in version 1.x. This was
a documentation oversight that should be cleared in the docs now (or
by next release I think).

And on 2.x, neither has been tested for stability and the
SecondaryNameNode continues to exist and is fully supported (not
deprecated).

--
Harsh J
+