HBase, mail # dev - [ANNOUNCE] The 1st hbase 0.94.6 release candidate is available for download

[ANNOUNCE] The 1st hbase 0.94.6 release candidate is available for download
lars hofhansl 2013-03-06, 05:25
The 1st 0.94.6 RC is available for download at http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.6-rc0/

Signed with my code signing key: C7CFE328

0.94.6 is a primarily a bug fix release. This RC has 39 issues resolved against it, contributed by 25 individuals.
These are mostly bug fixes. Don't be fooled by the comparatively small number of issues; one of them is a giant back port of the HBase snapshots feature.

The full list of changes is available here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE/fixforversion/12323907

Please try out the RC, check out the doc, take it for a spin, etc, and vote +1/-1 by March 12th on whether we should release this as 0.94.6.

The release testing spreadsheet is available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvLqcVIqNtlTdDJmUzJETEY0WlNrNTlLaGxOT1ZFN0E#gid=0
(if you test this release, please add your test to this spreadsheet, so that we can gauge the coverage)

Thanks.

-- Lars