HBase >> mail # dev >> RE: Suspected memory leak

+
Ramkrishna S Vasudevan 2011-12-01, 02:51
+
Vladimir Rodionov 2011-12-01, 06:22
+
Stack 2011-12-01, 19:26
+
Kihwal Lee 2011-12-01, 20:20
+
bijieshan 2011-12-02, 07:37
+
Ted Yu 2011-12-05, 18:49
+
Stack 2011-12-05, 20:03
Re: Suspected memory leak
Stack,
4633's summary and the workaround dont go together.
There is a rpc timeout related chatter (I am guilty) in 4633 which
might confuse reader joining the party late.

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2011/12/5 Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> Lars:
>> What you proposed below should be close to what netty does.
>> Instead of managing the complexity of NIO related code, we can delegate to
>> netty as what asynchbase does.
>> This discussion should be under a different thread / JIRA.
>>
>> sendParam() is called by HBaseClient.call() which is called by
>> WritableRpcEngine and SecureRpcEngine.
>> Can you elaborate on what you think the call hierarchy should be ?
>>
>> Overall, I think we can resolve HBASE-4633 and put further discussion under
>>

> We need the workaround though, don't we Ted?  We could commit the
> workaround as part of hbase-4633? (Thanks for opening hbase-4956)
>
> St.Ack
+
Stack 2011-12-05, 20:19
+