Pig >> mail # user >> Ruby 1.9 and jRuby 1.7

Ruby 1.9 and jRuby 1.7
Hey,

With the last release support for jRuby was added to Pig. I've started
using this now for some work I'm doing but there are a few details missing
that are hard to pull out of the pig code.

I can't see anywhere we are specifying the version of Ruby that the
embedded jRuby engine is using? In jRuby 1.6 it will default down to 1.8
which I think might be happening.

It might be useful to add a parameter so we can specify which version of
ruby to be using if not?

Also are there any plans to support jRuby 1.7 as this has quite a large
performance improvement, especially with Java 7. jRuby 1.7 defaults to Ruby
1.9 which is also another change.

Any thoughts from others using this would be great?

Thanks,
Dan