MapReduce, mail # dev - [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-26, 08:17
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-06-28, 19:25
I think it would very useful if somebody more familiar with HDFS
(Suresh?) could take a look at:

Suresh was very helpful in unblocking the client side of things, but
even after I followed his recommendations on the heap size, etc.
The NN still OOMs it just takes longer.

A quick look at the provided heap dump could help us understand
whether this is something serious or not.

This is the last bit that blocks the Bigtop side of things as far as
2.1 is concerned.

Thanks,
Roman.

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 1:17 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.1.0-beta that I would like to get released.
>
> This release represents a *huge* amount of work done by the community (639 fixes) which includes several major advances including:
> # HDFS Snapshots
> # Windows support
> # YARN API stabilization
> # MapReduce Binary Compatibility with hadoop-1.x
> # Substantial amount of integration testing with rest of projects in the ecosystem
>
> The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.1.0-beta-rc0/
> The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.1.0-beta-rc0

> thanks,
> Arun
>
> --
> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-28, 21:05
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-07-02, 00:33
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-06-28, 19:03
+
Sandy Ryza 2013-06-28, 19:07
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-07-03, 18:06
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-07-17, 19:24
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-07-17, 20:04
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-07-17, 23:14
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-07-17, 23:25
+
Devaraj Das 2013-07-21, 07:43