Pig, mail # user - Trying to store a bag of tuples using AvroStorage.

+
Dan Young 2012-03-25, 04:35
Re: Trying to store a bag of tuples using AvroStorage.
Stan Rosenberg 2012-03-25, 14:41
Hi Dan,

This looks like an avro bug.  I'll have a look later tonight unless someone
else has a more immediate answer.

Best,

stan
On Mar 25, 2012 12:36 AM, "Dan Young" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to store a bag of tuples using AvroStorage but am not able to
> figure out what I'm doing wrong (or if it' supported).  What I have is the
> following:
>
> grunt>illustrate c;

> | c     | franchise_id:int     |
> cast_and_crew:bag{:tuple(full_name:chararray)}|

> |       | 213939               | {(Wang Junzheng), (Li Ling)}

> When I try to store is via AvroStorage I'm getting an error. I've tried
> both with and without specifying a schema  I've created a gist and posted
> it here with the Pig Stack Trace.....
>
> https://gist.github.com/2191363
>

> If anyone has insight into what I'm doing wrong, and can help, I would
> greatly appreciate the guidance.
>

> Regards,
>
> Dan

+