Drill, mail # dev - Milestone 1, RC4: Call for Vote

Milestone 1, RC4: Call for Vote
Jacques Nadeau 2013-09-11, 05:32
My eyes are a bit bleary with poms, licenses and excludes.  Hopefully, this
is the milestone 1 candidate to rule them all.

Please download, take for a spin, and let me know +/-1

There are a lot packaging changes here.  Theoretically no code changes
other than fixing license headers.  Hopefully, we didn't exclude anything
that should have been included.  Sandbox is excluded in this source release
and we're no longer including the binary release.

New candidate has fixes for DRILL-221 through DRILL-226.  Also includes
automatic running of RAT and a bunch of updates to make the source tarball
cleaner (we had to fork from the upstream pom's assembly to get things
right).

Check it out here:

http://people.apache.org/~jacques/apache-drill-1.0.0-m1.rc4/

Vote open for 3 days, closes 11pm Friday pacific.

I've held off pushing the git changes to master for the release version pom
rolls until it gets approved.  (We already have too many mvn versions
comments in the commit log.)

Thanks for all your help!

Jacques