HBase, mail # user - schema doubt

+
Rita 2011-09-15, 11:56
Re: schema doubt
Joey Echeverria 2011-09-15, 12:32
It sounds lik you're planning to use the HBase shell to insert all of
this data. If that's correct, I'd recommend against it. I would write
a simple MapReduce program to insert the data instead. You could run a
map-only job that reads in the files and writes each one as a row in
HBase. WIth the java APIs you can write the raw bytes pretty easily.

-Joey

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 7:56 AM, Rita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have many small files (close to 1 million) and I was thinking of creating
> a key value pair for them. The file name can be the key and the content can
> be value.
>
> Would it be better if I do a base64 on the content and load it to hbase or
> try to echo the content for hbase shell?
>
> Has anyone done something similar to this?

Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.
443.305.9434
+