HDFS >> mail # user >> Namenode and Jobtracker dont start

Re: Namenode and Jobtracker dont start
Hi Macek,

    hadoop.tmp.dir actually belongs to core-site.xml. So,it would be better
to move it there.

http://ankitasblogger.blogspot.de/2012/01/error-that-occured-in-hadoop-and-its.html

> And it says:
> "Problem: Hadoop-datanode job failed or datanode not running:
> java.io.IOException: File ../mapred/system/jobtracker.info could only be
> replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1.
> Cause: You may also get this message due to permissions. May be JobTracker
> can not create jobtracker.info on startup."
>
> Since the file does not exist i think, this might be a probable reason for
> my errors. But why should the JobTracker not be able to create that file.
It
> created several other directories on this node with easy via the slave.sh
> script that i started with the very same user that calls start-all.sh.
>
> Any help would be really appreciated.
>

> Am 20.07.2012 16:15, schrieb Björn-Elmar Macek:
>
> Hi Srinivas,
>
> thanks for your reply! I have been following your link and idea and been
> playing around alot, but still got problems with the connection (though
they
> are different now):
>
> \_______ JAVA VERSION_________
> "which java" tells me it is 1.6.0_01. If i got it right version 1.7 got
> problems with ssh.
>
> \_______MY TESTS_____________
> According to your suggestion to look for processes running on that port i
> changed ports alot:
> When i was posting the first post of this thread. i was using ports 999
for
look
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Unable-to-start-hadoop-0-20-2-but-able-to-start-hadoop-0-20-203-cluster-td2991350.html
org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsConfig:
period
connect

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq