MapReduce >> mail # user >> How to add users in supergroup?

+
Gaurav Dasgupta 2013-02-14, 14:51
Re: How to add users in supergroup?
Check your HDFS config file for the groupname you used as HDFS supergroup.
 We used hdfs as the group name in our case.

Then just groupadd hdfs  (see man groupadd for additional options)
Then, when you create users, add them to that group.

useradd -G hdfs newuser

This is more Linux admin than Hadoop centric.

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Gaurav Dasgupta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have Hadoop installed in my CentOS Linux cluster. I am trying to
> understand that what are the various ways I can set user level and group
> level permissions for read/write in HDFS.
> I have set 770 permission to the some HDFS directory which has the
> owner:group = hadoop:supergroup.
>
> My intension is now to add all those users in "supergroup" whom I want to
> access the HDFS directory. But, I could not find supergroup in "/etc/group"
> .
> What is "supergroup"? How can I add users to "supergroup"?
>
> Thanks,
> Gaurav

+
Gaurav Dasgupta 2013-02-15, 05:20