Hadoop >> mail # user >> Question Regarding FileAlreadyExistsException

Re: Question Regarding FileAlreadyExistsException
I think this specific behavior irritates a lot of new users. We may as
well provide a Generic Option to overwrite the output directory if
set. That way, we at least help avoid typing a whole delete command.
If you agree, please file an improvement request against MAPREDUCE
project on the ASF JIRA.

--
Harsh J