HDFS >> mail # user >> Unable to start NN after rack assignment attempt

Unable to start NN after rack assignment attempt
Running Apache 1.0.2 ~12 datanodes

Ran FSCK / -> OK, before, everything running as expected.

Started trying to use a script to assign nodes to racks, which required
several stop-dfs.sh / start-dfs.sh cycles. (with some stop-all.sh /
start-all.sh too if that matters.

Got past errors in script and data file, but dfsadmin -report still
showed all assigned to default rack. I tried replacing one system name
in the rack mapping file with it's IP address. At this point the NN
failed to start up.

So I commented out the topology.script.file.name property statements in
hdfs-site.xml

NN still fails to start; trace below indicating EOF Exception, but I
don't know what file it can't read.

As always your patience with a noob appreciated; any suggestions to get
started again? (I can forget about the rack assignment for now)

Thanks.