Hadoop, mail # user - I wonder why split the project

+
김대현 2009-07-13, 05:52
+
Edward J. Yoon 2009-07-13, 23:21
Re: I wonder why split the project
Abdul Qadeer 2009-07-14, 06:23
Though I should probably ask this question on the dev list, but since
we are talking about it here, let me ask it.

I had a patch for a JIRA which have a few file changes in the common
and the rest in the mapreduce sub-project.  Now after this split into 3,
I am wondering that how I make a new patch?

(a) Should I make two separate patches (one for common and the other
for mapreduce) and also make a new JIRA in mapreduce and link the
two JIRAS and post the respective patches there.

(b) Make two patches and merge them and submit on the current JIRA.
But then the question is that will Hudson run it correctly if it has files
related to two different sub-projects?

Thanks for helping me out of this.

Abdul Qadeer