Accumulo >> mail # user >> Removing splits [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

+
Dickson, Matt MR 2013-04-08, 23:35
+
David Medinets 2013-04-10, 20:34
+
Josh Elser 2013-04-10, 21:16
+
David Medinets 2013-04-10, 21:39
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-10, 21:34
+
Josh Elser 2013-04-11, 00:40
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-09, 00:42
+
David Medinets 2013-04-09, 00:55
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-09, 02:00
Re: Removing splits [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
What advantage do you feel you'll gain by removing the splits? Do you know
how you'll be querying the data?
On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Dickson, Matt MR <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> **
>
> *UNCLASSIFIED*
> Hi guys,
>
> Just a simple question.  We ingest data in daily batches and create splits
> on the data to distribute the loading, eg splits are 20130407-1,
> 20130407-2, ... 20130407-*n*
>
> Once this data is loaded the splits will not be required again.  Is there
> a maximum number of splits a table can have?  How can splits be removed
> once they are nolonger required, I can't see any command in the api?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Matt Dickson
>
> *IMPORTANT*: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence
> and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914. If
> you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the
> sender and delete the email.

+
Dickson, Matt MR 2013-04-09, 00:43
+