HBase, mail # user - Missing metrics in any context inheriting from AbstractMetricsContext

Missing metrics in any context inheriting from AbstractMetricsContext
Asaf Mesika 2013-06-05, 18:31
Hi,

I've tried using a GraphiteContext I've found in GitHub, but I discovered I
only get a very partial list of metrics.
I've switched to using TimeStampingFileContext and I get the same list:
2013-06-05T18:24:59 hbase.master:
Master=a172-25-98-73.deploy.acme.com,60000,1370455069499,
hostName=a172-25-98-73.deploy.acme.com, cluster_requests=0.0,
splitSize_avg_time=0, splitSize_num_ops=0, splitTime_avg_time=0,
splitTime_num_ops=0

Does someone has any idea where are the rest of the metrics under "hbase"
context name?

This is my hadoop-metrics.properties:

hbase.class=org.apache.hadoop.hbase.metrics.file.TimeStampingFileContext
hbase.fileName=/tmp/metrics_hbase.log
hbase.period=10

# HBase-specific configuration to reset long-running stats (e.g.
compactions)
# If this variable is left out, then the default is no expiration.
hbase.extendedperiod = 3600
jvm.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.spi.NullContextWithUpdateThread
jvm.period=10
rpc.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.spi.NullContextWithUpdateThread
rpc.period=10
+
Otis Gospodnetic 2013-06-09, 05:55
+