Hive >> mail # user >> HADOOP_HOME requirement

+
kulkarni.swarnim@...) 2012-07-18, 16:31
Re: HADOOP_HOME requirement
This is not a bug.

even if hadoop was path, hive does not use it.
Hive internally uses HADOOP_HOME in the code base. So you will always need
to set that for hive.
Where as for HADOOP clusters, HADOOP_HOME is deprecated but hive still
needs it.

Don't know if that answers your question

Thanks,
Nitin

--
Nitin Pawar