HBase >> mail # user >> Error creating table using snappy compression

Re: Error creating table using snappy compression
Yeah, I meant the packages, and in which order they were installed, combined with when the service was started. The "hbase" command loads the same settings as the daemon, since it is started using the same scripts. The only explanation I have is that the daemon has an outdated environment, due to it already running. Have you tried restarting them?

Lars

On Nov 24, 2011, at 16:31, Christopher Dorner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes, snappy is installed.
>
> Lars, do you mean with "the rest" the hadoop datanode, namenode,
> jobtracker, hmaster, etc.?
> I am not really sure, but I think I stopped the services first, before
> installing hadoop-0.20-native package.
>
> Christopher
>
> Am 24.11.2011 12:47, schrieb Lars George:
>> He has Snappy, or else the CompressionTest would not work.
>>
>> I can only imagine that there is an issue with the RS process not being able to access the library path. Have you installed the hadoop-0.20-native package while the rest was already running?
>>
>> Lars
>>
>> On Nov 24, 2011, at 12:39 PM, Gaojinchao wrote:
>>
>>> It seems you need install snappy.

>>> java.io.IOException: Compression algorithm 'snappy' previously failed
>>> test.
>>>    at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.CompressionTest.testCompression(CompressionTest.java:
>>> 78)
>>>    at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.checkCompressionCodecs(HRegion.java:
>>> 2670)
>>>    at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.openHRegion(HRegion.java:
>>> 2659)
>>>    at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.openHRegion(HRegion.java:
>>> 2647)
>>>    at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.handler.OpenRegionHandler.openRegion(OpenRegionHandler.java:
>>> 312)
>>>    at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.handler.OpenRegionHandler.process(OpenRegionHandler.java:
>>> 99)
>>>    at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.executor.EventHandler.run(EventHandler.java:
>>> 158)
>>>    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
>>> $Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
>>>    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
>>> $Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
>>>    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
>>>
>>> It indicates a failed snappy test, but when i run the test from a
>>> shell:
>>>
>>> hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.CompressionTest afolder snappy
>>> 11/11/22 10:57:17 WARN snappy.LoadSnappy: Snappy native library is
>>> available
>>> 11/11/22 10:57:17 INFO util.NativeCodeLoader: Loaded the native-hadoop
>>> library
>>> 11/11/22 10:57:17 INFO snappy.LoadSnappy: Snappy native library loaded
>>> 11/11/22 10:57:17 INFO compress.CodecPool: Got brand-new compressor