Sqoop >> mail # user >> Another sqoop incremental update question

+
Chalcy 2012-10-23, 13:44
Re: Another sqoop incremental update question
Hi Chalcy,
I'm afraid that there isn't a way how to achieve deletes from withing Sqoop.

Just a quick question. It seems to me that you're trying to import data to HDFS, do some transformations and put the data back to your database (using updates, inserts and deletes). In case that I do understand your use case correctly, I would propose to truncate the table after your input and use simple export to load updated data. I believe that such approach will be faster than selective inserts, updates and deletes.

Jarcec

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 09:44:04AM -0400, Chalcy wrote:
> Hello sqoop users,
>
> Sqoop incremental append for insert and update works really great.  Is
> there anyway to handle deletes?  I am planning to do it by left outer join
> but trying to find if there is any other way.
>
> Thanks,
> Chalcy
+
Chalcy 2012-10-23, 16:11